[ale] GPG Smartcards

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Dec 1 10:49:32 EST 2011

On 11/30/2011 11:39 AM, David Tomaschik wrote:
> They do... they have the GPF Crypto-stick:
> http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=133
> or you can use the SIM breakout feature of the regular smartcard
> (http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=42)
> with a reader like this gemalto:
> http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=119.
>  I'm going to be doing the latter, so if a new version of smart card
> comes out, I should be able to replace it without having to pay for
> the USB bits again.  Alternatively, I could swap out cards or
> otherwise have multiple uses for the reader.

It looks like the crypto-stick doesn't support more than one key, is
that right?  I'm having a hard time trying to figure that out.

I know that there is a token I recently met that could hold three
independent sets of keys, for about $30 US.  The thing is that it
doesn't work with anything but Windows AFAIK.  But, it presented itself
as three USB attached smart readers.

Does anyone know if the crypto-stick does that or something similar?
Does anyone know anyone that has used one of these things?

	--- Mike