[ale] How do you restart the network on Ubuntu

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:50:46 EDT 2011

>From what's left of my memory, "service" was the preferred way for IRIX and
it was copied/borrowed by RedHat a long time back (when SGI was early in the
opensourcing of XFS). The /sbin/service command is a bash script that sets a
pile of environment settings to be just like during bootup. Thus it's the
"preferred" method but not required.

I'm often forgetting the full name(d) of the service as I spent too long
with tab completion so using service is 50/50 for me.

Hmm. wonder if I can _add_ tab completion to the service script....

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Damon Chesser <dchesser at acsi2000.com>wrote:

> [...]

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/