[ale] Fstab fails

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:04:00 EDT 2011

I have been trying to get my nfs thing to work, but it has proven so
fragile that I am giving up on it.

So would it make sense to have the configs in a separate place from
the spot on the local server where they are used, right
/root/configs          # git repo
and push them to
server-00:/configs # home server
server-01:/configs # 1st remote server
and so on.
I don't know how to do it with git and/or puppet.  I have been looking
at autofs, which is more reminiscent of nfs (but nfs-style mount lines
fail).  The autofs solution is more aimed at what I think of as
focus-clusters - 3-server groups that are linked in in their focus -
for instance, to deliver a specific application suite.

I like the "update every five minutes" of puppet.

Does it make the most sense to have a central puppet server that
pushes to all the other servers in the network segment, or would it be
better to have a puppet server on each focus-cluster?

Wolf