[ale] Happy Birthday Tux!

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu Aug 25 19:17:04 EDT 2011

Submitted from my single booting Ubuntu 10.10 hacked-HP xw4600 running
the "2.6.35-30-generic-pae" Linux Kernel.

Anyone remember this message?

From:torvalds at klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Newsgroup: comp.os.minix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT

Hello everybody out there using minix-

I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big
and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has
been brewing since april, and is starting to get ready. I'd like
any feedback on things people like/dislike in minix; as my OS
resembles it somewhat (same physical layout of the file-sytem
due to practical reasons)among other things.

I've currently ported bash (1.08) an gcc (1.40), and things seem to
work.
This implies that i'll get something practical within a few months, and
I'd
like to know what features most people want. Any suggestions are
welcome,
but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at kruuna.helsinki.fi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUX!

Thanks Linus and many happy returns!!

Rich in Lilburn