[ale] VOIP recommendations?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Aug 23 22:07:00 EDT 2011

On 08/23/2011 04:09 PM, Brian W. Neu wrote:
> I'm looking to recommend to several of my clients that they ditch the
> stone ages and leap into the world of today with some VOIP services.
> They are going to want desktop phones though -- possibly travel-friendly
> phones.
>
> Can I get recommendations from my open source amigos for hardware and
> service providers?  I'm not a stickler for some kind of Linux solution,
> just a solid one.

Perhaps asking this same question over on the AAUG
http://atlaug.com/drupal/ would be helpful?  Those guys are experts at
VoIP with lots and lots of real world experience on business systems.
They know devices and service providers. There's definitely a difference
between what claims to work and what works reliably for lots of handsets.

Some of them know VoIP security too.  I was amazed that all of them were
not running Fail2Ban for their SIP authentication.

Good luck.