[ale] [OT?] Mini PCIe Wireless Cards

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Aug 17 11:39:33 EDT 2011

One thing about buying from Fry's:

Be sure to shop online first to price compare as they DO AND WILL PRICE
MATCH Newegg or Tiger...I just picked-up a 1GB switch $20 off their list
because Newegg has it cheaper.  This is helpful if you need something in
a hurry.  If you can wait a few days then Newegg may be a slightly
better deal as you're not paying the sales tax (and hopefully will be
getting free shipping to boot!)

I have never had a return on anything from Newegg so cannot comment on
returns for them.

I do frequent the Fry's at Gwinnett Place Mall and generally find Linux
friendly gear.  The help isn't all that good (not too knowledgeable) but
they are willing to try -- and I'll take that anyday.

BestBuy?  Haven't been there in a long time and don't plan on going
there.  I know some of you have choice words for them...

Microcenter has been bust the last couple of times I've gone.  I'm so
underwhelmed by them I really don't plan on going back.  Chalk that up
to personal preference....

Rich in Lilburn