[ale] Continuing Saga of Centos 5.6

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Aug 12 20:01:29 EDT 2011

On 08/12/2011 10:13 AM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> (Sorry, somehow I lost the message from Derek.  I'm replying both to his
> and Jim's message here.)
I think the point is that while grub2 gives you so may really nice
features, it also is so very much more complex.  However how many people
need the features?  To be a real solution grub2 needs to offer an very
simple configuration option similar to the grub 1 single config file.
All I and probably most people need is satisfied by grub 1.  I want it
to find all my bootable partitions, build a list of the same and make it
easy to select the most important options like the default boot option
and perhaps edit some of the selections.  The perfect solution for me
would be grub2 generating the old fashion menu.list file that I could edit.

Jim.