[ale] difference between android and linux ?

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Aug 12 17:51:00 EDT 2011

Pat,

I've been keeping one eye on the Nook.  Do you have the full power and
flexibility of Android on the Nook, or is it crippled by B&N?  Do you
know what the CPU, RAM, Flash specs are on it?  Can you run GNU / Linux
on it?

The more I think about it, if I got a traditional Android tablet, I
think I want 1 GHz + CPU, 512 MB + RAM, 4 GB Flash, 32 GB memory card
slot, 1080p video playback, and 720p flash playback.  I know the device
itself may not have that high a screen res, but you can pipe it out of
HDMI.  This pushes the price in the $ 200 direction but it might be
worth it.  I am not, however, willing to pay $ 500 for a tablet.

Sincerely,

Ron