[ale] difference between android and linux ?

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Fri Aug 12 17:32:48 EDT 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:15:04 -0400
Ron Frazier <atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com> wrote:

> That brings up a couple of more questions.  Hypothetically, say I get
> an ARM9 Android tablet with 512 MB RAM and a 500 MHz processor.  Is

I would avoid those cheap underpowered Android tablets right now.  I
own one of the $100 Eken M001 tablets that dealextreme sells.  It is
more underpowered than the original Android phone and the resistive
touch screens on them are absolutely horrible.

I keep seeing Nook Colors on craigslist for $150 to $180, I'd buy one
of those instead.  I'm very happy with our Nook Color.  I've had it
side by side with a Galaxy Tab (Spring model) and it is pretty
comparable, only a little slower (the video chip is a bit older).

Pat