[ale] ARM CPU devices, linux capable, cheap

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Aug 12 11:57:47 EDT 2011

Hi Boris,

You've got a point.  Depends on what you're doing with it I guess.  For
a full blown Ubuntu install with GUI, I'd probably want to see 500 MHz
CPU and 500 MB RAM.  1 GHz and 1GB would be even better.  Before I
decommissioned it, I had Ubuntu running nicely on a 2002 vintage Pentium
IV 2.4 GHz with only 1 GB of RAM.  Not sure whether the main limiting
factor on slower machines is CPU or RAM or both.

Sincerely,

Ron