[ale] ARM CPU devices, linux capable, cheap

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Aug 12 11:38:28 EDT 2011

Jim,

I take it that means you found one or more things you want to buy.  I'll
probably be getting something myself.  I had no idea there were so many
choices.  Here are more search terms to get you in more trouble.

laptop+arm
netbook+arm
notebook+arm
tablet+arm

laptop+android
netbook+android
notebook+android
tablet+android

laptop+linux
netbook+linux
notebook+linux
tablet+linux

I don't know anything about this vendor.  I just found the link.  Keep
in mind, these cheap items most likely have little or no warranty,
little or no support unless you want to call China, and no name brand
lithium batteries.  Those occasional stories of battery fires are
troublesome.  Still, the prices are pretty attractive.  Hopefully you
won't end up sleeping in the doghouse.  In doing some reading about
embedded development, I found that the codebase for Linux running on ARM
is a bit messy and convoluted.  I'm not sure entirely sure what would be
involved to do development on them.

Sincerely,

Ron

On 8/12/2011 7:54 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> My wife is not pleased with you.
>
> On Aug 12, 2011 12:39 AM, "Ron Frazier" <atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
> <mailto:atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com>> wrote:
> > Hi guys, I just found a cool source for inexpensive ARM CPU devices,
> > many of which can run Android or Linux. Check these out. A number of
> > these are under $100.
> >
> > http://s.dealextreme.com/search/netbook+arm
> > http://s.dealextreme.com/search/tablet+arm
> >
> > Sincerely,