[ale] August meeting presentation

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Aug 11 21:20:50 EDT 2011

Jim and others,

I have a particular interest in embedded Linux development.  I was doing
some research on the topic, and I found this really cool slide slow
presentation in PDF form.  It covers most of the basics of embedded
Linux development.  It is also licensed under a creative commons
attribution share alike license.  Now, I'm not qualified to present all
this, other than to read the slides.  I have done a bit of
microcontroller programming in various classes in school, but not in
this type of depth.  However, someone with more relevant experience
could use this as a baseline for a presentation or two.  Just thought
I'd share it for what it's worth.

http://free-electrons.com/doc/application-development.pdf

Sincerely,

Ron

On 8/10/2011 2:43 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> OK. Loads of ideas and suggestions and desired topics. All are great
> and should be explored!
>
> Need some people to think about how to put together a topic for
> delivery. You don't want me demo'ing SEPostgreSQL...or my in-progress
> drupal website...or my latest beer, um, maybe you do...or rerun my
> DragonCon Beer talk (less the beer)...or setting up a consulting firm
> just for greybeards... or...
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com
> <mailto:jim.kinney at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Looking for suggestions....ideas......people.....
>
>     Linux controlled rail gun test fire?
>     Linux controlled political BS meter? (Nah! Too easy. Look for the
>     open mouth.)
>     Linux controlled brewing equipment?
>
>     Aaron is out of town and I'm the volunteer(ed) presentation finder.
>
>     --
>     --
>     James P. Kinney III
>
>     As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted
>     to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can
>     do as they please, and those who survive will be left to
>     contemplate the outcome.
>     - ////2011 Noam Chomsky
>
>     http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
>     ////

> James P. Kinney III
>
> As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to
> consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as
> they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the
> outcome.
> - ////2011 Noam Chomsky
>
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/////

Ron Frazier