[ale] Shell Script Question

Scott Steele roninazure at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:51:59 EDT 2011

I am relatively a little rusty with the shell scripting and was wondering if
someone could help me with my dilemma. I use IBM WebSphere and the command I
use is:

xsadmin.sh -p 11111 -bp 11111 -ch servername123 -routetable

The output is an example of this:

P: partition:83 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername100 - zone:ZoneB
> R: partition:83 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername101- zone:ZoneA
P: partition:84 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername102 - zone:ZoneB
> R: partition:84 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername103 - zone:ZoneA
P: partition:85 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername104 - zone:ZoneA
> R: partition:85 - state:reachable - ipaddress:servername105 - zone:ZoneB

And so on.

I need to condense the output of this file to send to SiteScope as a file
with only values of either <0 or >0. Meaning, if the state:reachable it
needs to appear as >0. if state:unreachable than the value needs to appear
as <0. I basically need to find a way to remove all erroneous info and
substitute the words state:reachable or state:unreachable with either <0 or
>0. I have tried many different methods, awk, sed and grep but seem to come
up short. Any help would be most appreciative and would be a great learning
tool.

Thanks!