[ale] Off Topic, hard drive shredder

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:40:14 EDT 2011

Heh, heh! I probably have more firepower than most of my opposite political
pusuasion alers :-)
On Aug 8, 2011 9:05 AM, "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
> Given the way some of the threads have gone here I'd prefer some ALErs not
have firearms. :-)

Faulkner
> [...]
>

> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 16:52 -0400, Greg Clifton wrote:
>> We actually had that discussion maybe 6,9,12 (?) months ago and it
>> even went so far as some moderately serious discussion about having a
>> thermite party, with one contributor saying they might be able to
>> swing a location. I'm all for it!
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Tim Watts <tim at cliftonfarm.org> wrote:
>> Gotta say I'm a little disappointed at all the reasonable
>> this.
>>
>> There was a time when any mention of disk destruction would
>> inevitably
>> spark a multi-day round table of C4 and other pyrotechnic
>> fantasies. And
>> would eventually devolve into some kind of weird topic
>> involving
>> lubricants before someone would finally step in and say "Wow,
>> what just
>> happened here?"
>>
>> What happened ALE? <sniffle/>
>>

>> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 11:42 -0400, planas wrote:
>> > Hi

>> disintegrator,
>> and such. I'm
>> of course, an
>> small security
>> market for that
>> mindless destruction
>> like nobody's
>> toxic. One thing
>> be to separate
>> iron that gets
>> composition of disk
>> cobalt and
>> press-formed into
>> generation, but as far
>> with a net

>> being used, so,
>> business! :)
>> > Once you grind up the hard drive you could attempt to
>> recover the
>> > metals present using a combination of physical and chemical
>> methods.
>> > The metals should be a reasonable purity to sell .
>> >
>> > If limited metal recovery is done you probably will have D-
>> series
>> > (unless the EPA has a specific classification) hazardous
>> waste. I do
>> > not know the current prices for hazardous waste disposal.
>> But when I
>> > was handling waste disposal I found there was roughly a 10x
>> difference
>> > between the charges of non-hazardous waste and a hazardous
>> waste.
>> >
>> > Off topic stupidity, most people do not realize that
>> fluorescent
>> > lights should be disposed as a hazardous waste - mercury is
>> the
>> > culprit.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jay Lozier
>> > jslozier at gmail.com

> Proud partner. Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
>

> Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail or
attachments.

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
delete it. Thank you.