[ale] [OT] Android Requires Gmail email account?!?!?

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Sun Aug 7 21:15:00 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 08:25:43PM -0400, JD wrote:
> I trust Microsoft more than Google when it comes to privacy concerns. I
> think most people have forgotten that Google is an advertising company
> first and foremost. Just an opinion.

Microsoft, Google and Apple (and most big companies) are publicly traded
companies which have a legal obligation to make a dollar in ANY manner they
can.

Seriously, this company or that company may play nicer for a while but
"shareholder right's" groups (read: big money corps) fight against nice and
if favor of M-O-N-E-Y. As long as the law requires publicly traded companies
to make a dollar at any cost, we shouldn't be surprised when they do that.

-L