[ale] [OT] Android Requires Gmail email account?!?!?

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 20:52:00 EDT 2011

If you don't want to give the apps extra permissions, don't. There ARE
plenty of apps out there that only make legitimate permission
requests. As to why a media player might need GPS data, have you tried
asking the developers? Or just using a different media player? That
same media player on iOS would ALSO want that same permission, and
you'd have even less visibility or control over it. I don't see how
that's a problem with Android.