[ale] [OT] xbox requires access to user email account?!?!?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:08:34 EDT 2011

So I put my foot down about even having an xbox in the house but was
over-ridden by wife and kid with his own funds.

During the network connection setup it was time to create an xbox live
account. It asked for the email of the user.

Then it asked for the password for the email account.

um. hello?!?

So if someone has a hotmail or other microsoft account then they already
have access to their account contents. But my kid doesn't _have_ a microsoft
account. gmail, yes.

So he can't go forward 'cause there's no way in hell I'm letting him put in
his gmail password without him having a microsoft account of some kind.

He just got a hard lesson on why Dad doesn't trust that company with any
thing.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/