[ale] CentOS 5.6 64Bit Install

handran handran at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 5 21:41:08 EDT 2011

On 8/5/2011 7:53 PM, Greg Clifton wrote:
> Yes, I have a DVD drive, but what I don't have is the "know-what"  and
> a little of the "know-how" to put on the DVD(s). Here is the link on
> GT mirror site for CentOS 5.6
> http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/5.6/os/x86_64/images/
> <http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/5.6/os/x86_64/images/>, what
> do I need to pull down from among those files to make a successful
> install? In what order?
>
> Thanks,
> GC

First, download the 2 DVD image files from here:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.6/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.6-x86_64-bin-DVD-1of2.iso
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.6/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.6-x86_64-bin-DVD-2of2.iso

Burn those 2 separate /*image*/ (.iso) files to 2 separate blank DVDs
/*as images*/ (not as a regular file) and label them accordingly (DVD 1
of 2 and DVD 2 of 2)
Then boot off the freshly burned 'DVD 1 of 2' and follow the prompts...