[ale] CentOS 5.6 64Bit Install

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:57:55 EDT 2011

I'm confused. You have a DVD drive but you are trying to BUILD your install
DVD? That way lies madness (or some uber geek cred!)!!

Download the DVD image, burn it and boot from it. Don't monkey around with
adding or removing ANYTHING! There's a diskcheck that you need to run once
on a fresh burned image that does a whole DVD checksum and verifies the
download and burn are good. If you change anything, that will fail and you
won't be able to tell if it failed because of your changes or if something
is really bad.

If you want a skinny disk and have a fast pipe use the netinstall
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/5/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.6-x86_64-netinstall.iso

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/