[ale] Off Topic, hard drive shredder

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:28:15 EDT 2011

I concur on mobile form. If the stuff is to sensitive for secure wipe and
reuse, the drives will not be allowed off premises.
Add a conveyor belt with camera so a record exists of the drive going into
the shredder.

>From a recycling standpoint, removing the cover, rip out the platter and
toss it in a small kiln and rip out remaining electronics and toss frame in
metal recycling pile.

Most people don't understand the Curie temperature and that magnetic domains
cease to exist above that temperature or that an ordinary propane flame can
provide the required direct heating. "Destroyed" was defined by people from
the paper world.