[ale] Fstab fails

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:21:47 EDT 2011

With NFS, I set fstab

server:/ifs/fs02 /ifs/fs02 nfs bg,noauto,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

*note the noauto, this tells it to not automount.  If it tries to automount
and is unable, your server will stall in startup.  So you put this entry in
/etc/rc.local:

mount /ifs/fs02

Also check to make sure that nfs and portmap services are started upon boot
time.

That way, the server starts up and then mounts the nfs under rc.local (where
if the nfs share hangs, it would not affect the normal system startup).

Andrew
RHCE