[ale] [OT] Screen Size & Resolution - cheap laptops

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Aug 1 22:55:44 EDT 2011

To whom it may concern:

The current Best Buy sale flier, good through August 6, 2011, has the
following laptops:

Gateway - 10.1", 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Intel Atom CPU - $ 200
Acer - 14", 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Intel Celeron CPU - $ 280
Toshiba - 15.6", 3 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, AMD E-350 CPU - $ 330
Toshiba - 15.6", 3 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Intel Core I3 CPU - $ 380

If you want to spend more money, they have those too.  I was at the
Alpharetta store today.  I think I saw a couple of additional $ 300 ish
machines.  Seems to be a pretty good time to buy laptops.  Of course,
they all come with Windows, so I cannot vouch for Linux compatibility.
I've never had a problem dual booting my Windows machines with Ubuntu,
other than the touchpad problem I mentioned before.  I think almost all
these have glossy screens, which I don't really like, but I usually
don't want spend the $$$ to custom order something.

Sincerely,

Ron