[ale] questions for the media gurus

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Aug 1 15:19:10 EDT 2011

The Sansa Fuze+ player can play Ogg Vorbis files.  It's a nice player
except that the touch screen controls are a bit finicky.  If you get one
of these, the new firmware has changed the lock keypad feature to be
activated by pressing the power button briefly, rather than stroking the
keypad, as it did originally.

Ron

On 7/9/2011 8:57 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Friends:
>
> I need to have some questions clarified.
>
> Audio questions
>
> What is .ogg file, is that opensource equivalent of mp3 ?
>
> Can iPod/iPhone play .ogg file ?
>
> Can iTunes/Windows Media Player play .ogg file ?
>
> Can Android phone play .ogg file ?
>
> Does .ogg file give good compression ?

> Video:
>

> What is vorbis file, is that opensource equivalent of <what> ?
>
> Can iPod/iPhone play .vorbis file ?
>
> Can iTunes/Windows Media Player play .vorbis file ?
>
> Can Android phone play .vorbis file ?
>
> Does .vorbis file give good compression ?
>
> Can Myth play vorbis files ?

> I have videos that have come out of my dvr box(I played and recorded
> them).
>
> I need to remove the ad(s).  I want to note down mark-in and mark-out
> points in my Ulead Video Studio (it generates the .cue file if needed
> I guess)
>
> Can I provide the video file and the cue file to the ffmpeg program
> and make it trim and join the mark-in and mark-out points to produce
> video without encoding ?
>
> -Narahari

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.