[ale] OT: gas going up this weekend

Tim Watts tim at cliftonfarm.org
Thu Apr 28 07:16:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 23:50 -0400, Michael Potter wrote:

> $0.04/gal * 15 gal = $0.60.

$1.75 = cup of coffee

Isn't this tax hike the annual increase the occurs each year when
stations switch to the lower lead mixes that are less polluting during
the hotter months of the year? And then the tax goes down again when
they switch back in the fall, if I'm not mistaken. So $0.60 = chipping
in for cleaner air each time I fill. Not bad.