[ale] Fedora 14 x86_64 Hang-up During Boot

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:17:54 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note; killing acpi will cause wonky probs with some gnome functions. I
> would try an install from cd. The netinstall cd is tiny but requires a wired
> connection for best process. AT the end its fully up to date.
> On Apr 21, 2011 8:11 AM, "Marc Ferguson" <marcferguson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the advice. It's nice to finally get some help. The Fedora
> forum
> > can sometimes be a silent place. :-)
> > On Apr 21, 2011 7:39 AM, "Jim Kinney" <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> try rebooting and add ACPI=off to the kernel line. The ftrace lines look
> >> like a memory allocation error. Poke around he bios and see if you an
> > change
> >> how much RAM is used for the video and see if that changes things.

> is:

> the
> > following

> >> --
> >> --
> >> James P. Kinney III
> >> I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in
> chains.

Thanks Jim. acpi=off did the trick. So; what's the difference between
pci=noacpi and acpi=off. The first argument didn't work, but your suggestion
worked.

I'm running into another issue though. After Anaconda started I went through
the process of formatting my hard drive. After that was finished it couldn't
find a .img or some other source file on the USB key to continue the
process. I'm using a NetInstall version of Fedora so I'm a little confused
as to what it's looking for.

I have a URL to an "isolinux" directory to continue the installation, but
there was no option to input that.