[ale] Fedora 14 x86_64 Hang-up During Boot

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:36:26 EDT 2011

try rebooting and add ACPI=off to the kernel line. The ftrace lines look
like a memory allocation error. Poke around he bios and see if you an change
how much RAM is used for the video and see if that changes things.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Fellas,
>
> How have you been? I'm running into a problem trying to get Fedora 14 to
> install on my desktop. I posted the details on the forum, but here it is:
>
> I'm trying to install Fedora 14 x86_64 via a USB stick. I used LiveUSB
> Creator and I was able to do an initial boot off of it. When I get to the
> screen to "Install Fedora" I run into a hang-up problem around the following
> lines:
>
> [ 0.014586 ] ACPI : Core revision 20100428
> [ 0.020560 ] ACPI : Setting ELCR to 0e28 (from 0c28)
> [ 0.021033 ] ftrace : converting mcount calls to 0f 1f 44 00 00
> [ 0.021268 ] ftrace : allocating 23839 entries in 94 pages
>
> I have absolutely no idea what these lines mean, but I cannot continue.
> Thank you for any help.
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=261818
>
> --
> *Marc Ferguson*
>
> Registered Linux User #410978
> www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net
>
> *"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.