[ale] sh archive

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Apr 20 14:54:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 10:13 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> shar is not on any of the RHEL5/RHEL6/Fedora14/Fedora15alpha systems I've
> checked. Nor is it in any package on any repo affiliated solidly with that
> distro chain. However, I do always find tar, bash, sed and awk.

yum list sharutils

sharutils.x86_64             4.10-1.fc14                   @fedora

sure (shar) looks like it's in the repos to me.

Might not be installed on a default install but it's there (and
obviously installed on my F14 system).

It's in the RedHat / CentOS repos too...

(CentOS 5.5)

sharutils.x86_64             4.6.1-2                       installed

Regards,
Mike