[ale] OT - Best Auto GPS

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Apr 19 13:00:52 EDT 2011

I have both a Garmin Nuvi and a Tom Tom.  The thing I don't like about
the Tom Tom is that the audio does not mention streets by name.  As in
"turn left in 300 ft."  The Garmin will pronounce the street name.

Often times you can get one that comes with free lifetime map updates,
as we did with the Tom Tom.

I don't really fined either of them easily navigatible.  That;s just me.
  I keep all of ours updated.  It just seems that the menus sometimes
are not 'intuitively obvious to the casual observer.'