[ale] OT - Best Auto GPS

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Apr 19 12:46:05 EDT 2011

My neighbors who are senior citizens are considering getting a GPS for
their car and have asked if I'd be willing to help them pick one.

Since my own GPS is a factory installed in-dash one I don't have any
opinions on the ones that one buys and would like some.   Of course I
know that Garmin and others exists but not much more than that.

>From things I know and I've heard I'm thinking some of what would be
necessary:

1)       Easy to use - These people aren't technical.    It needs to be
easy to input destinations and also easy to get updates loaded.

2)       Large display and/or audible turn information - I don't really
know how good their eyesight is but given that they're older I'm
thinking this would be helpful.

3)       Reasonable price for updates.

Of course any other factors one cares to mention would be welcome.