[ale] Any OPERWRT experts that can clarify?

byronjeff@mail.clayton.edu byronjeff at mail.clayton.edu
Sun Apr 17 14:48:08 EDT 2011

I need OPERWRT for a pair of tasks. I have scoured their site and other resources but I still have questions. The target is a seagate dockstar.

- it is still unclear to me if OPERWRT runs completely in ram. The dockstar uses nand flash and I need to be sure that the kernel and rootfs only gets read on boot.

- if I use the precompiled version from svn can I add modules for usb and e2fs from the root fs?

- ipks are compiled on the target?

- can a 1.2 ghz ARM with 128mb of RAM handle a 25mbps downstream and route SIP and jabber too?

Any insight appreciated. Thx.

BAJ
--
Byron A. Jeff