[ale] Fedora oddity

Derek Carter goozbach at friocorte.com
Wed Apr 13 13:53:48 EDT 2011

On 4/13/11 1:32 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> This is a FC-13 box.
>
> Over the last two days I have been getting frequent notifications that a
>
> "Distribution upgrade" is available -- to FC 14.
>
> When I try to download the files I get the message that metadata is
> being downloaded and then the process starts "Getting installer images..."
>
> A few minutes later the whole thing stalls after downloading 10 - 20 MB
> with the message that the downloader
>
> "failed to download installer data.
>
> This could be caused by a missing network connection or a bad mirror.
>
> Retry; Quit"
>
> There's nothing wrong with the network connection.
>
> I can not figure out to point the thing to a local mirror, such as the
> one at GA. Tech.

Which method are you using to do the upgrade?

If you're using a CD install you can pass the option "linux askmethod"
and it will allow you to choose your install tree.

If you're using yum or some program which does this live, you would want
to look into the files which exist in /etc/yum.repos.d

--
Derek
aka goozbach