[ale] Best asterisk solution?

Aaron Blowers aaron at fabric.com
Tue Apr 12 12:06:21 EDT 2011

**Disclosure: First Post on ale.org. Feel free to bash or tease if I am not following posting protocol.**
Greetings all,
I am a support engineer working in the metro-atlanta area and our company is ready to make the move from antiquated digital phones to VOIP.
Is there a phone veteran or linux guru out there that has experience with asterisk and its various flavors?
I'm interested in self-hosted solutions that can support over 200 end users, a 24/7 costumer service operation and possibly "click-screen-to-answer" integration.
I'm familiar with the big players like Digium, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to get our operation up and running without the huge sticker price.
Any thoughts, guidance or info is greatly appreciated,
-ab

--

Aaron Blowers | Technology Support Engineer

E aaronblowers at fabric.com | P 770.792.8590 ext 247 | C 770.617.4967 | F 770.792.8553 The Place To Go When You Sew – www.fabric.com