[ale] "Small Guy" redundant routing

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Apr 3 12:59:23 EDT 2011

I have been trying to find an answer to this for quite some time.

I want a means by which to have two connections to the Internet, and the
ability to use my own IP address space on both (that is, I want multiple
routes that can reach my network, maybe one via DSL and one via cable).
Of course, using "small guy" Internet connectivity (because I cannot
afford to spend thousands and thousands of dollars per month on
dedicated leased lines and the like which would allow me to do route
announcements) I would appear to not have that option.

Is there any sort of service out there that would fill the niche for
what I want?  Essentially, I'd like to be able to buy a /27 network and
have all of the addresses for that /27 reach me over either of my
connections to the Internet.

Is it even possible to do with "small guy" services?  Or do I really
have to be a huge entity with tens of thousands of dollars of cash flow
in order to have that sort of thing?

	--- Mike