[ale] [OT] Please Help me with my homework

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri Apr 1 16:11:26 EDT 2011

Being an old fogey doesn't mean the same as being an old dog - you can
learn new tricks.   I have a road atlas and usually stop and get the
state map for whatever states I'm going through and I used them often
for various trips.   However, once Mapquest became available I didn't
feel I'd dumbed myself down any for using nor do I feel that way using
the GPS built in the car I bought 2 years ago.    For my last few major
road trips I've printed Mapquest AND used the GPS mainly to see what the
differences were.    They do tend to pick slightly different routes.
On my Saskatchewan trip Mapquest had me bypassing Wisconsin and going
into Minnesota but my GPS put me through western Wisconsin.