[ale] [OT] Please Help me with my homework

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Apr 1 14:21:00 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 14:17 -0400, Tom Freeman wrote:
> Back in the day (old fogey here) we had that capability. Called a map.
> 8-)  Some of us even learned how to fold them up nicely.

Back in the day, gas didn't cost so bloody much that one couldn't afford
to get lost.

I used to just get from point A to point B using my head; I'd do this
thing called "getting lost on purpose" and I would eventually figure out
where I had to go.  And in the meantime, I'd learn how the streets all
worked out and everything.

But, not long before I moved down here, gas started to climb at such
rates that I couldn't afford to do that anymore.  A GPS became a
necessity for me, because I can no longer afford to get lost.  Hell, I
can no longer afford to go driving for the sake of driving.  I used to
enjoy taking a long drive at the week's end.  It was a very relaxing
activity, and I'd always find something new along the way.

	--- Mike