[ale] Does anybody have experience with aload-balancing/failover distro?

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:48:25 EDT 2010

This may have already been said in the thread and I missed it, but:

I second the squid/dns cache.

If you're using cisco routers running OSPF, they will automatically
load-balance equal cost routes: "ip ospf cost ..."
Not sure with EIGRP, I think the other routing protocols can do
un-equal cost load balancing if you set the right options.

If you run Zebra as a routing daemon, it should be able to do something similar.

Using the native linux networking stack, read:
http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt
and a slightly less dense version: http://www.linuxhorizon.ro/bonding.html