[ale] Well isn't this special

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Wed Sep 29 11:29:16 EDT 2010

Greg Freemyer (greg.freemyer at gmail.com) wrote the following on Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:47:52AM -0400:
> If strong support of individual liberty and limited government is what you
> call extreme, then yes Tea party members are extreme.

If only any of them had any actual SOLUTIONS or PROPOSALS. It's all very well to call for limited
governent and for limited spending; the problem is with the cognitive dissonance when it comes to
anything concrete -- such as how to pay for tax cuts without cutting entitlements (Medicare, say), or,
particularly, military spending (it's funny how "limited government" fans seldom seem to advocate for
"limited military"...).

And, well, libertarians have been around for a long time; the tea party is something of a different
beast, and I think it's difficult to argue against a preponderance of photographic evidence that
suggest that the tea partiers seem to overlap rather significantly with the 'birthers' and other
crackpots...

George