[ale] GParted & unallocated space

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Mon Sep 27 15:54:05 EDT 2010

I have to say that this thread has been the most enlightening especially
from a support standpoint.  That's one thing I love about playing in
this sandbox!

Please let us know how it goes for the installation will ya Jim?  I'm
sure all will go well in the end!  What's most interesting is that HP
seems to have made the decision for you that you'll not be installing an
OS in tandem.  That (in some ways) says certain things about HP (not
good IMHO) and especially forces the typical end-user into a Windows
only mode of thinking even more.

Great call on suggesting to look at the number of primary partitions
Tim!  I had already thought about it but assumed this was a known factor
already thus said nothing about it...again...very enlightening from a
support standpoint!    ---R