[ale] Data center space?

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Wed Sep 22 00:51:07 EDT 2010

What is your argument against IaaS cloud services?
I haven't ever hosted services off of my cable connection, it is way too
flakey, and I do not want the job of being 24/7 on-call these days.  I
have been moving some stuff into various cloud set-ups for several
years, but most of what I do is "proof of concept" just now.  My
eventual plan is to rent a couple of boxes with friends at Astila Corp
(small, local) until the revenues bring some cost savings to bringing
inhouse services with multiple T1s.  Rent rather than colo, because the
hardware updates and support will be on somebody else's todo list.

-Wolf