[ale] Help creating a LUG at SPSU

Joshua Roberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:34:29 EDT 2010

Hello all ALErs,

I am at it again.  I want to start a new LUG at Southern Polytechnic State
University in Marietta.
I am wanting to know if anyone here can give me some insight regarding the
writing of a constitution and the declaration of the purpose of the club.

There are also some other stipulations regarding fund raising.  If we can
prove that we are a member of a nationally recognized group, such as the ALE
if it is recognized, and that group is a Non-Profit then we only have to do
community service to get more funds and not find creative ways to have fund
raisers.

http://sga.spsu.edu/docs/Constitution%20&%20SOP/Internal%20Affairs%20SOP%20Manual.doc

Above is the link to the manual for creating and maintaining a Student
organization at SPSU.
I am not looking for anyone to do all the work for me, just people to help
me make sure that it starts strong.

I am going to search for constitutions online to see if I can get some
ideas.  I do not want to get caught plagiarizing and get dropped as a group,
but I also do not want to have really stupid Bylaws or loopholes that can
cause the group problems.
Once the LUG becomes official on campus then I may ask for help in designing
activities and help from ALE members to give presentations or setting up
Install-fests or linux-fests.
thank you for any help you can offer.

Joshua