[ale] Hello World - in C# - in Mono - in Ubuntu is done

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Mon Sep 20 10:41:35 EDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 12:06 AM, Tim Watts wrote:
> programmers are, to varying degrees, software engineers. But it's easy
> to get caught up in the details of learning "good implementation"
> without ever stepping back to learn the elements of "good design". Both
> are necessary. So along that line you might want to read a book or two
> by Martin Fowler.

On the topic ofthings to read, I've heard 'Code Complete' highly
recommended several times.

Also, there are many great programming blogs out there. I'm sure the
rest of ALE can offer come good suggestions if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Complete-Practical-Handbook-Construction/dp/0735619670/

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts