[ale] VC++ to regular C++

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 19 14:43:42 EDT 2010

All -

When I did this I wanted to preserve cross-compatiblity as far as possible
environment-specific headers that defined "my own" type names for those
data types that varied between MS and GNU - and to pull in some
MS-specific headers. I don't know if this is still needed. VS can spit out
a [generally] standard Makefile from a project and I'd found a script to
lsunder it to to a form both VS and GNU could use. Done once for each VS
project, then they can be worked in parallel. This was about 2001 so I
don't guarantee I could still find them. Plus, there are persistent
differences in the environments: blocking threads bit me at the time.

  - Mills