[ale] Need help with RE in egrep

Sat Sep 18 18:39:14 EDT 2010

I have no idea how that solves the need you explained. I write sed and
awk everyday. I have no idea how a substitution (the s in that sed
script) could ever work to "generate a list of files in a directory,
excluding the top level hidden directories and files." I can only
imagine doing this with the d command like so:
find . | sed '/^\.\/\./d'

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Jim Lynch
<ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> On 09/18/2010 04:02 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> That works, thanks.
>
> Jim.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.