[ale] Hello World - in C# - in Mono - in Ubuntu is done

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Sep 18 11:30:23 EDT 2010

Chris,

One thing I want to learn, as much for personal gratification as for money,
is how to write cross platform applications that run on Windows, Linux, and
Mac.  On the mobile side of things, it would be nice to be able to run on
Windows, Iphone OS, and Android, although that might be much harder.  I
think I saw something about this either on the Mono or the Monodevelop
website.  They talked about building a core app, kind of like a local
server, that does all the actual work of the project.  Then, you build a
user interface module for each target OS.  The core module, communicates
back and forth with the UI module to get the job done.  So, you install the
core and the appropriate UI for each machine.  That way, each is optimized
for it's capabilities.  That sounds really neat.

As far as your email remark, why you @#$#$@.  Just kidding!  8-)

The image you didn't see merely showed a terminal screen with something
like "Hello World - and ALE members" on it.

A couple of years ago, I was experimenting with a couple of Ubuntu
computers.  I managed to tunnel a VNC session through an SSH session.  So,
I was able to run a GUI on the remote machine securely from my local
machine.  I don't remember how I did it, and there may be better ways to do
that now.  Maybe you could do that on your email machine.

Ron