[ale] cd in bash or ksh, how to do this

Fri Sep 17 20:47:54 EDT 2010

Maybe you set your CDPATH variable? http://www.caliban.org/bash/#bashtips

If you do:
export CDPATH=.:/this/is/the/folder/that

you can then do:
$cd
$pwd
/home/savithari
$cd females
$pwd
/this/is/the/folder/that/females/are/in/now

But I have no idea what you are doing passing multiple arguments to
cd. http://ss64.com/bash/cd.html

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends:
>
> I remember using cd in the following way.
>
> $pwd
> /this/is/the/folder/that/all/are/in/now
>
> The folder structure till the that is
> $ls /this/is/the/folder/that/
>
> all
> males
> females
>
> I was able to do this
>
> $cd all males
> $pwd
> /this/is/the/folder/that/males/are/in/now
> $cd males females
> /this/is/the/folder/that/females/are/in/now
>
> I cant seem to find that command now.
>
> Anyone knows how to do this or where to find this.
> (bash or ksh is fine too)
>
> -Narahari

.!# RichardBronosky #!.