[ale] Used IDE drives

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Sep 16 18:09:30 EDT 2010

On Thursday 16 September 2010, Sparr wrote:
> Anyone can feel free to drop off scrap drives at Freeside. We reclaim
> the magnets for misc projects, platters for wind chimes and solar
> death rays, housings for our aluminum foundry. Also, I am trying to
> find a good one from which to make a HDD POV clock.
>
> http://freesideatlanta.org

I think John has working drives? Which I would have jumped on in a heart
beat just a few years ago. I can remember when 10 GB was the largest
drive in the house. Now that I think about it, this drive was the one I
was using when I switched to Linux.

Speaking of Freesides foundry when are you guys going to fire it up? Long
drive for me, but I would love to see one up close and in person.
Pictures on the casting forum are not the same as real life.
--
William