[ale] SSH Cisco Networking Issue

John Anderson sontek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:20:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Omar Chanouha <ofosho at gatech.edu> wrote:
> So, I can log into the server *.126, and I can send and recieve data
> from it, HOWEVER if I try to receive large (> a paragraph) worth of
> data the client hangs. The firewall still registers a connection, and
> the client will just hang forever(ctrl-c does nothing, I have to close
> the terminal).

You could try setting ClientAliveInterval 60 in ssh_config of the
server or in your client machine's ssh_config set ServerAliveInterval
60.

You should also try running the long process in screen and seeing if
the machine is what is timing out or if its just the ssh connection.

Also, I would check IdleTimeout is set to 0 to make sure its not
timing out since you are idle (waiting for the output of the file)