[ale] itouch VPN

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Sep 14 16:29:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 10:21 -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> I have, but it's primarily been to connect to the Cisco VPN.

The VPN config in iOS 4.1 seems to be an ad hoc thing.  If I connect to
a vpn and lay my iTouch down that VPN will disconnect within 3 minutes.
This means push messages will come via the standard network.  Is this
the way it is supposed to work?

I would want to VPN to stay connected on networks where the firewall
blocks push notifications and my only resort would be to use the VPN
instead.

Chris