[ale] Ubuntu Linux Defrag EXT4

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Sep 14 00:25:03 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 12:03 -0400, Ron Frazier wrote:
> Sorry your original email crashed.  Thanks for this info.  That looks
> very interesting, and I'm going to save the link for later
> examination.  I don't have the luxury of using multiple partitions /
> drives on the computers I use, however, it sounds like a great idea.
> You seem to be very knowledgeable, so I'm coming to you if I have more
> serious questions on the topic.  8-)

There are a lot of people here who are knowledgeable about many things;
I could be wrong, but I _think_ that there are even people on the list
who have done more than just study filesystem code.  At least, I think
that there used to be; in any event, I can't recall.  Michael Warfield
(who is an expert in many subfields of computing including security and
data recovery) may well know more about filesystems in the general case
(and certainly in specific cases) than I.

So, keep 'em coming to the list, we'll get to 'em eventually.  Besides,
if it's in the list, there's an archive of it, and if I miss it you can
call my attention to it again.  Sometimes I get so flooded with email
that I have a "bulk" filter that I'll run and use it to nix everything
from mailing lists and automated (non-work-related) emails.  So, the
list is the place to be!

	--- Mike