[ale] LAMP performance

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Sep 13 22:40:14 EDT 2010

I'm not an expert on the topic, but here are some podcasts from Leo
Laport's This Week in Tech network that relate to ultra large scale
database systems.  Not sure how relevant it is but it might be useful.

------------------------

http://www.twit.tv/floss129

August 6th, 2010
FLOSS Weekly 129: Riak

Hosts: Randal Schwartz and Aaron Seigo

Riak, a highly scalable, fault tolerant, no SQL database.

Guests: Mark Philips, Community Manager, and Andy Gross, VP of Engineering
of Basho

---------------------

http://www.twit.tv/floss125

June 23rd, 2010
FLOSS Weekly 125: The Lift Web Framework

Hosts: Randal Schwartz and Aaron Seigo

Lift is framework for writing web applications with security,
maintainability, scalability, and performance.

Guest: David Pollack for Lift Web Framework

---------------------------

Also, I thought I heard in one of the podcasts that PostgreSQL scales
better than MySQL.  I'm not totally sure of that and I'm not sure which
podcast I heard it in, but that's what I seem to remember.  The following
podcast talks about this topic, but is a bit old, and it's not the one
where I thought I heard that.

http://twit.tv/floss18

July 20th, 2007
FLOSS Weekly 18: Josh Berkus on PostgreSQL

Hosts: Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte

Guest: Josh Berkus, member of the PostgreSQL open source database project Core
Team and is PostgreSQL Lead for Sun Microsystems

The history and features of PostgreSQL and why you might want to use it.

Ron